TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
These terms and conditions shall apply to Your use of the Website located at https://life.virginmoney.com.
By using the Website You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below and if You do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions You should not use the Website.
We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions from time to time but if We do so We shall post any such changes on the Website. Your continued use of the Website shall constitute acceptance of the amended terms and conditions.
“You” and “Your” means the person using or who wishes to use the Website
“We” “Us” and “Our” means Virgin Money Life Insurance, BISL Limited, their employees, agents and successors and includes any other person or business to whom We may transfer Our rights under these terms and conditions.
“Website” means https://life.virginmoney.com
2. WHO REGULATES US?
Virgin Money Life Insurance is promoted by Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Ltd and arranged and administered by BISL Limited. Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Ltd – registered in England and Wales (company no. 3072766). Registered office – Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. BISL Limited – registered in England and Wales (company no. 3231094). Registered office – Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough PE2 6YS. Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
BISL Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Its Register number is 308896. Its permitted business is arranging general insurance contracts.
You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s Website at www.fca.org.uk or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
3. USE OF THE WEBSITE
3.1 By using this Website You agree that:
3.1.1 You will not do anything that affects the integrity or security of this Website or causes or may cause harm, damage or unreasonable inconvenience to other users of this Website or Us; and
3.1.2 You will not gather, extract, download, reproduce and/or display or advertise on any other Website, other online or off-line service or otherwise, any material on or from this Website, including but not limited to information relating to insurance prices, whether that information has been gained by the use of spiders, data mining, trawling or other ‘screen scraping’ software or system used to extract data.
3.2 If You breach any of the provisions set out at paragraph 3.1 above, We may take such action as We deem appropriate, including denying You access to the Website, bringing legal proceedings against You and disclosing information to appropriate legal and/or regulatory bodies.
4. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
4.1 You must only use the Website for Your personal use.
4.2 It is Your responsibility to ensure that all information You supply to Us or enter onto the Website is complete and accurate in all respects, so please double-check Your information before submitting it.
4.3 You will need to answer a number of questions in order obtain a quote for insurance on the Website. These questions are designed to ensure that We and/or the insurer have all of the information necessary to provide You with accurate, appropriate and timely information.
4.4 The level of cover and the amount You pay is determined by the answers You provide to those questions and therefore You should answer all questions truthfully and fully and to the best of Your knowledge and belief. If You fail to provide complete and accurate information:
4.4.1 Any insurance product purchased may be void (meaning You will not be able to make a claim) or could result in a claim not being paid or fully paid;
4.4.2 You may have to pay additional premiums under Your policy to reflect any increased insurance risk as a result.
5. OBTAINING A QUOTE
You did not receive advice or a recommendation from Us. We asked some questions to narrow down the selection of products that We provided details on. You then made Your own choice about how to proceed. Your provisional quote will remain valid for 30 days or Your next birthday whichever is sooner. Your confirmed quote will be valid for an additional 30 days, or Your next birthday whichever is sooner.
6. PRICE DELIVERY
We are reliant on the overall performance of the world wide web in relation to the operation of the Website and the delivery of quotes. At certain times interactive quotes are not available. You will be advised if this is the case and under these circumstances We will e-mail You to advise when Your quotes are ready.
7. WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT?
We aim to provide a high level of service to all Our customers but occasionally things can go wrong, when this happens We will do everything We can to put things right.
If You have a complaint about Our service or Your policy, please contact Us by phone, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Us at the address shown below.
For the purposes of handling complaints Our working day is 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, not including Bank Holidays.
Please ring 0800 294 7575 and You will be put through to the Customer Service Team. We will attempt to resolve Your complaint by the end of the third business day. If this does not happen We will agree Your next step with You.
Please address Your letter to:
Customer Relations Department
Virgin Money Life Insurance
Please include details of Your name and address, a contact telephone number, Your policy or quote number and details of why You are unhappy. This will help Us to respond to You as quickly as possible. If We do not have enough information to investigate Your complaint We will contact You to ask You for further details. In all cases We will send a written acknowledgement of Your complaint to You within 5 working days of its receipt. In Our acknowledgement We will advise You of the name and job title of the person who will be dealing with Your complaint.
Within four weeks of receiving Your complaint We will send You either: A final response; or A letter explaining why We are not yet in a position to resolve Your complaint and advising You of when We will be contacting You again.
By the end of eight weeks after receipt of Your original complaint letter We will send You: A final response; or A letter explaining why We are still not in a position to issue a final response and advising You of when We expect to be able to do so. At this time, if You are dissatisfied with the delay You may refer Your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. For full details of Our complaints handling process please see the section marked ’Complaints’ in Your main policy Terms and Conditions.
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if We cannot meet Our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. The maximum level of compensation for claims against firms declared in default is 90% of the claim with no upper limit. Further information about compensation schemes arrangements is available from the FSCS Website www.fscs.org.uk or write to Financial Services Compensation Scheme, 7th Floor Chambers, Portsoken Street, London E1 8BN.
We always try to resolve any complaint to put things right. However, if you have already contacted us and we have not resolved your complaint to your satisfaction, you may wish to use the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution service This is an online portal designed to help consumers who have bought goods or services online to conduct dispute resolution, in any of the official languages of the European Union, which will then be forwarded to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
8. UK RESIDENTS ONLY
The products and services described on this Website are only available to permanent residents of the United Kingdom (excluding the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
9.1 All information, data and copyright material contained on this Website, including any trade marks (whether officially registered or unregistered), trade names, brands, logos and devices belong to Us or to people whom We have given ownership or permission to use such information data and/or copyright material. You must not use such information or copyright material unless You have written permission from Us or the owner to do so.
9.2 You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on this Website for personal non-business use only, (i.e. to assist with a purchasing decision), provided that You are not otherwise breaching these Terms and Conditions.
10. RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTENT
We make no representations or warranties of any kind in relation to the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of any information or graphics published in this Website or otherwise in respect of the Website or its contents. The information contained in this Website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All Our liability howsoever arising for the content of the Website and its accuracy, completeness or suitability or for any misrepresentation or breach of contract in respect of the Website or its contents is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We make no warranty that the Website or any linked Website is free from viruses or other malicious computer problems. You are responsible for ensuring that You use the appropriate virus checking software. Neither We nor any of Our employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property in claims of third parties.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations under this paragraph 10 are intended to limit any rights You may have as a consumer under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded or in any way to exclude or limit Our liability to You for death or personal injury resulting from Our negligence or that of Our employees or agents.
11. WEBSITE COMMENTS AND FEEDBACK
11.1 We may from time to time offer a functionality on the Website to allow users of the Website to post comments or feedback on to the Website.
11.2 By submitting any comments to Us to be posted on the Website, (Your “Comments”) You agree that:-
11.2.1 Facts stated in Your Comments are accurate and opinions stated in Your Comments are genuinely held;
11.2.2 Your Comments do not contain anything which is defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, threatening, abusive, invasive of another’s privacy, likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, or likely to mislead or deceive any person;
11.2.3 Your Comments are not likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any person;
11.2.4 Your Comments do not breach any legal duty owed to a third party;
11.2.5 Your Comments do not promote any illegal activity;
11.2.6 Your Comments do not impersonate any person, or misrepresent Your identity or affiliation with any person;
11.2.7 Your Comments do not give the impression that it emanates from or is endorsed by Us
11.2.8 Your Comments do not advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act;
11.2.9 You will not submit duplicate Comments.
11.2.10 Your Comments do not contain any advertisements for any third parties or any other products or services.
11.2.11 Your Comments do not contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
11.2.12 Your Comments otherwise comply with these Terms and Conditions.
11.3 By submitting Comments You agree that We may post them on the Website and they may be viewed by other users to the Website.
11.4 We reserve the right to refuse to allow Comments to be posted or to remove Comments already posted without notice if, in Our opinion, the Comments do not comply with these Terms Conditions.
11.5 Although We reserve the right to review Comments before allowing them to be posted to the Website We do not guarantee that We will monitor or moderate all Comments. You agree that the content contained in any Comments do not constitute advice from Us which You can or should rely on, or Our endorsement of anything included in the Comment. If You believe any Comments breach these Terms and Conditions You should notify Us however We are under no obligation to investigate or to take any action against any user of the Website and Our decision will be final in all matters.
11.7 You are responsible for making back-up copies of any Comments that You post to the Website. We are not liable to You or any third party for any loss of or corruption or damage to any Comments.
11.8 By submitting Comments to the Website, You give Us a royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive right and licence for the full duration of Your legal rights arising in the Comments to:
11.8.1 make copies of and use the Comments to facilitate the hosting and availability of the Comments for other users and visitors to the Website and to operate the Website in the manner envisaged by these Terms and Conditions;
11.8.2 make copies of and use the Comments on the Website;
11.8.3 copy, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform, display and otherwise use on the Website and in any other marketing, promotion or publicity media on or off line (including, but not limited to, trade and other press) any material forming part of the Comments and/or to incorporate the Comments into any other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed; and
11.8.4 use, modify, delete from or add to Comment for any purpose in connection with the Website or otherwise as envisaged by these Terms and Conditions.
13. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may also contain hypertext links to websites operated by third parties. The operation and content of those websites shall be determined by the organisation which controls the Website and will be governed by separate terms and conditions. Links are provided for convenience only and the inclusion of any links should not be taken to imply endorsement in any way of the site to which it links. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of any other Website.
We have in Our sole discretion the right to issue a warning, temporary suspension, or an indefinite suspension and termination of Your right to use the Website if You:
- act inconsistently with and/or in breach of these terms and conditions;
- at any time violate or attempt to violate any rights of any other user of the Website or of any other third parties;
- are engaged in any fraudulent activity.
If any provision of these terms and conditions are held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other terms and conditions and the remainder of the provision in question will not be affected. The Laws of England and Wales will apply to these terms and conditions and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Save as expressly provided elsewhere, these terms and conditions shall apply only between Us and You and no other person shall be entitled to benefit from them.
FREE WILL OFFER – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- To be eligible for the Free Will offer, customers must purchase a Virgin Money Life Insurance policy which is arranged and administered by BISL Limited. This offer is open to UK residents only.
- This offer is valid for 6 calendar months from the purchase date of the Life Insurance policy. Once a Solicitor has been instructed to produce the Free Will in accordance with this offer, they need to complete this within 6 calendar months.
- Customers purchasing a policy will be eligible for a Free Simple Will (as defined below) if their policy is active, paid up to date and we (Virgin Money and BISL Limited) have not been instructed to cancel it. Customers purchasing a joint policy will be eligible for a Free Simple Will or a Joint Mirror Will (as defined below).
- A Simple Will is a Will that disposes of the customer’s estate to a maximum of six beneficiaries without the use of trusts or tax planning.
- A Joint Mirror Will is a Joint Simple Will that disposes of a couple’s estate to the same beneficiaries.
- All arrangements for the Free Will will be between the customer and the Solicitor (as defined below). We accept no responsibility or liability for the actions of the Solicitors in the carrying out of the provision of the Free Will offer and/or for the Free Will.
- Any additional costs for more complex Wills or additional services shall be charged to the customer by the Solicitor. The solicitor will keep the customer appropriately informed as to the likely costs of the complex will or additional services throughout the process.
- The Free Will will be provided by either (depending on your country of residence):
- NM Money is a trading name of NM Mortgages Ltd, a company registered in England No 5336870, whose registered office is at Russell House, Elvicta Business Park, Crickhowell, Wales, NP8 1DF;
- Gildeas Limited, registered in Scotland (registration number SC365972) who have their registered office at 48 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 5TS for Scotland;
- Stewarts Solicitors, registered in Northern Ireland (registration number NI603484) who have their registered office at Telford House, 3-4 Donegall Quay, Belfast, Antrim, BT1 3EA for Northern Ireland. (together the “Solicitors”)
- This offer is non-transferable; therefore the Will must be made by the Policyholder(s) alone
- Each eligible customer shall only be entitled to one Free Will.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law.
- Policies purchased on or after 22nd May 2017 will qualify for a Free Will. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time. Any such amendments will be published on https://life.virginmoney.com
- Please be aware that we reserve the right to recover the full cost of the Free Will if the policy is cancelled within six months of taking up this offer.
INFORM LOVED ONES
- The Loved Ones Service gives you the option to email a summary of your policy details to friends or family members who you trust to make a claim upon your death (the “Loved Ones Service”).
- These terms govern the use of the Virgin Money Loved Ones Service and by using the service, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
- The Loved Ones Service is only available online and cannot be obtained through our contact centre.
- You must ensure that you have read and approved the draft email prior to sending. We do not accept responsibility for the content of the emails.
- It is your responsibility to provide an accurate email address for your friends or family members, and to have their permission to provide it to us. We do not verify the email addresses that you provide and accept no responsibility for the delivery of emails to incorrect recipients based on data entry errors.
- The email addresses that you provide for your friends and family members will be used solely for the administration of the Loved Ones Service.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the Loved Ones Service at any time.
- We cannot accept responsibility for the use of this trust as its suitability depends upon your individual circumstances.
- Before using this trust, you may want to seek legal and tax advice.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the trust form is completed accurately and executed correctly.
- We cannot accept responsibility for loss, however caused, and suffered by any person who has acted or refrained from acting as a result of this trust or any accompanying material published in or in conjunction with this trust.
- Policies that are assigned as a security on a loan (e.g. a mortgage) cannot be put in trust.
- This trust is intended for use where there is one policyholder and one policy. It is not suitable for joint policyholders.
Free Legal Advice – Terms and Conditions
- For legal advice, including on all your end-of-life matters, call us on 0800 294 7575. Our contact centre is open 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm on Saturdays.
- We’ll transfer you to one of our legal experts at Minster Law who can advise you on all aspects of UK law.
- To be eligible for the Free Legal Advice, you need to have bought a Virgin Money Life Insurance policy and be a UK resident.
- The first hour of legal advice is free. This hour can be split over multiple calls, up to one hour.
- Beyond this first hour, a fee may apply which Minster Law will agree separately with you before progressing.
- The legal advice is provided by Minster Law, so Virgin Money aren’t responsible for it. If you have any questions or complaints about the legal advice you should contact Minster Law.
- Minster Law Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under No. 383018 and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. VAT number: 638 3863 06. A list of Directors is available from the registered office: Minster Law, Kingfisher House, Peel Avenue, Wakefield, WF2 7UA. Please note that Minster Law does not accept faxes, by way of service or otherwise. Registered in England No. 4659625.